If you have young children, then you may want to check out the Aulani Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai‘i. Just about every Disney’s Aulani review raves about it, and both parents and children alike agree that it’s a magical resort that’s perfect for a much-deserved holiday break.
Here are some facts that explain why it’s one of the best resorts for families:
- It’s multi-awarded. Both experts and customers have had only the highest words of praise for the place. In 2015, it was the top-ranked hotel and resort for families on a poll conducted by Sunset Magazine while Travel + Leisure rated it as the best beach hotel for families.
In 2016, the accolades continued to roll in. It was ranked #1 best hotel and resort for families by the Reader’s Choice awards conducted by Hawaii Magazine. It was also among the best resorts for families according to Fodor’s and Conde Nast Traveler.
- It offers a LOT of pools. It’s Hawaii, so what did you expect, right? Here, there are pools for the whole family, pools with slides that are designed to enchant children and even a pool reserved just for the adults who want to relax away from their boisterous offspring. The pools are all heated too.
Of course, there’s a beach too, so you can enjoy the natural beauty of the place. However, your kids may want to stay for the resort pool parties, where there are games and appearances of Disney characters.
For the adults, the 18-and-up pool is a true oasis of tranquility away from the kids. The pool is huge at 1,500 square feet, with tropical shade trees and a water temperature maintained at about 82 to 86 degrees F.
- There are plenty of entertainment options for kids. It seems like in this place, children aren’t allowed to get bored! Aside from the pools, there are movie nights, a supervised activity center where children can craft or play video games, storytelling around the fire pit, a guided walking tour about the wildlife and nature of the area, and other exciting adventures.
- The spa treatments are spectacular. There are spa treatments for the whole family, including treatments for children starting at 5 years old. Then there are the soothing treatments for mothers, including a full-body massage, facials, and even facials specifically for the tummy!
- There are also special options for teens. The fun isn’t limited to just Disney adventures for little kids. There’s the “Painted Sky” package for teens, which includes spa treatments, video games, DIY drinks, and other fun stuff that only teens appreciate. There are even massages, facials, and mani-pedi services for both young girls and boys.
This resort is a bit on the pricey side – it’s a Disney resort after all. Yet just about every family that has stayed in this magical place has commented in every Disney’s Aulani review that the services, amenities and features are all worth the high cost. You really get your money’s worth, and for a vacation that’s always a pleasure and a relief.